Donnerstag, 1. Februar 2018

WIPocalypse - January

Ah well, I was so happy to read, that the WIPocalypse posting date for this year has moved to the last Sunday of the month, so I can finally be on time for it. But look at me now, it is February and I am posting, lol. Well, it's the thought that counts, right ;-)
Anyway, here we go with my lousy update for this month. Work has been so stressful, I have often no energy left to stitch in the evening. But the semester is getting to an end now and I hope things will get better soon.
As I said, this SAL is usually taking place at the end of the month and is hosted by Measi. You can find the monthly link-up here.

I haven't made to much progress since last time, I only have two projects to show:

The first is my new year start called "The Silence After" by Chris Ortega, I added two more columns since last time. I went from here:
To here:
As you can see, I have a new needle minder, I thought it quite fitting for a viking :D This brings me to a total of 4 000 stitches on this piece. I must say, that in the end I got quiet tired of all the dark stitching and was rather happy to move on =)

The second project I worked on is my Kreimhilds Revenge, after taking a break on her during December, she is back in the game now. I only did one and a partial column, less then I wanted, but it's better than nothing. I went from here:
To here:
I hope to catch up on her for next month and I think I will stitch one or two more columns on her before I move on, so that is ensured. I am a bit tired of her dress, you know the fabric color is ivory and those light colors are not to easy to stitch on it. But you can see, that some of the background will appear in the next column and I think it will make a nice change. I will do my best to finish page 30 for the February update =)

This months question is about out goals/plans for the Olympics challenge, but I don't think I am joining this one. I like to watch the Olympics, but I don't have the head to do any SALs right now. I am entirely happy if I can survive the month of February without loosing my nerve over my students ;-)

Happy stitching =)

4 Kommentare:

  1. Ooh, students. They really can be testing...I'm sorry to hear your January has been that busy as well, but it's good to see you still managed some progress!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Great work considering how little time you had. The parked threads look like Kreimhild's arm, may you could just couch them into place to save time stitching!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Kreimhilds looks amazing!!! HAHA!! I know exactly what you mean about not posting on time. Guilty as charged!! Good luck with your students!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Two gorgeous projects and it's so inspiring to watch them progress. Good luck with your students, I hope you get more stitching time soon.

    AntwortenLöschen

Dieser Blog ist mit Blogspot, einem Googleprodukt, erstellt und wird von Google gehostet.
Es gelten die  Datenschutzerklärung & Nutzungsbedingungen  für Googleprodukte.